Bridges Health is a service offered to improve care for patients with complex medical needs. It is based on clinical evidence that some people can benefit from enhanced care coordination from a medical provider and a team of professionals focused on comprehensive support, education and goal-setting. Bridges Health is operated by Mosaic Medical, but is a community-supported initiative. Patients who are referred to and choose to enroll in Bridges Health will be part of a specialized care team that includes:
• Medical Providers (physicians and nurse practitioners, including a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner) as well as Medical Assistants
• Registered Nurse Care Coordinators
• Community Health Workers
• Behavioral Health Consultant
• Lab services
• Educational classes and seminars
• 24/7 support
What are the goals of Bridges Health?
The goals of Bridges Health are to:
• Deliver personalized, quality health care
• Improve the health of participants; help them maintain their health and increase satisfaction with care
• Design a health care model that can be expanded to provide affordable, quality care to additional patients
How was I selected to be a possible patient?
Patients are referred to Bridges Health by their primary care provider. You are invited to join:
• Due to ongoing or persistent health conditions
• At the recommendation of your primary care provider
• As a result of a serious event (Emergency Room visit or hospitalization)
Do I have to participate in Bridges Health?
Participation is completely voluntary. However, you were identified as someone who might benefit from highly personalized, well-coordinated health care.
Why should I participate in Bridges Health?
Hopefully, your participation in Bridges Health will result in improved health and satisfaction with the care you receive. One of the goals of Bridges Health is to provide care that looks at your health and wellness as being “whole person” not simply a “medical condition”. Your care team will help you find solutions to things that may be affecting your ability to achieve improved health and well-being.
What can I expect from my enrollment in Bridges Health?
You can expect:
• A dedicated care team
• Frequent contact from your Community Health Worker
• 24/7 access to the Bridges Health care team
• Promptly returned phone calls for urgent questions and issues
• Personalized support for your health goals
What are my responsibilities if I enroll?
Once you are enrolled, your responsibilities include:
• Meeting with the Bridges Health care team in both a home visit and an extended in-person office visit with the entire team
• From those visits you will guide the creation of your personal health and wellness goals
• Maintaining a regular (at least monthly) check-in by phone or email to determine how things are going
• Keeping your care team aware of changes in your health and well-being, or calling with updates and questions
• Coming to visits prepared
• Getting labs before visits as instructed
• Calling your care team before ER visits
And most of all--considering the Bridges Health team to be your health care advocates and champions!
Will I continue to see my Primary Care Provider?
Upon enrollment into Bridges Health you will transfer your care to Bridges Health and designate our medical provider as your Primary Care Provider. Once your time with Bridges Health comes to an end we will assist you in transitioning back into the care of your referring Primary Care Provider or to another setting that best suits your health care needs.
Will I be able to attend any educational classes or programs?
A variety of educational classes will be offered utilizing community resources including: anxiety and depression management, chronic pain management, nutrition and cooking classes, diabetes education classes, Walk with Ease, Living Well with Chronic Illness and other health maintenance opportunities.
Where is the Bridge Health Clinic located?
On the second floor of the Pacific Source building 2965 SE Conners Ave, Suite 280, Bend, OR 97701.
How can I get more information?
Call (541)323-4268 and a member of the Bridges Team will happily answer any of your questions.
Will I have to pay for this added service?
Our goal is to make the intensive care of Bridges Health available to appropriate patients without adding the burden of additional health care costs. If you are someone whom your doctor believes would benefit from this highly personalized care, your insurance coverage will likely cover the majority of expenses. If your coverage includes co-pays and premiums, you are still responsible for those fees. Our Community Health Workers can help you understand these fees.
What do I do if I need an appointment for something that is not a part of my care plan? Like a cold or an injury?
Bridges Health is a specialty primary care setting. You should discuss all your medical needs with the Bridges staff; if you need other services, they will help you schedule them.
What if I change my mind and decide that Bridges Health is not the place for me?
You are able to discontinue services at any time. However, our hope is that you will be satisfied with the care you receive!